Personality (detail) Copyright Susannah Bolton 2011

Monday

First day

First day of art school today - UAL's foundation course in Camberwell.
We had a project called "Cheap Date" - to break the ice and get us started drawing things.
There were 10 locations to visit and record in some way - only got to about 3!
En route, you purchase your "date" a £1.00 gift, which goes to form part of an installation back in college.
I was paired up to a guy who admitted stealing golf balls when he was six, then putting them back through guilt!
Here's a few shots of our Cheap Date installation - gifts were a honeydew melon, an Aladdin video and some caffeine pills (I haven't got any shots of the video case with the crushed caffeine on) - also sorry for the bad quality - these were all taken on my phone because I didn't take my camera (not a mistake I'm making again!) -
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
I also took these photos once I got home with just the video tape that I'd cut into -
-
-
-
-
Credit to Alex Wood for being my "date" and collaborator for this little project.
Let's see what tomorrow brings...
-sb

No comments:

Post a Comment