Personality (detail) Copyright Susannah Bolton 2011

Sunday

I'm Jealous of Gavin Weber

"There is one moment, in the first few seconds, when you look at a piece of art and know that you love it. It’s the moment when, if you’re an artist yourself, you look at it and feel a rush of uplifting inspiration… and total soul-crushing jealousy all at the same time. It’s when you walk away thinking, “Damn, I wish I thought of that.”"
I'm quoting The Jealous Curator here - I think we all know that jealous feeling where you think "that's what I want my artwork to look like!"
To tell the truth, I get that feeling just about your blog, TJC!
I thought I'd mention TJC because it just exactly describes why I want to post about Gavin Weber today. Now let's see why -
-
Gavin Weber
2-3, 2008
Graphite on Paper
-
-

Gavin Weber
Circulate II, 2008
Steel, Vinyl Tape
-
-
Gavin Weber
Circulate II, 2008
Steel, Vinyl Tape
-
It's so futuristic/industrial - reminds me of Tsutomu Nihei's artwork for Manga comic Blame! -
-
Tsutomu Nihei
-
-sb

No comments:

Post a Comment