Personality (detail) Copyright Susannah Bolton 2011

Monday

You Just Made My Day

I mentioned yesterday The Jealous Curator who describes that feeling you get of mixed admiration and jealousy when you see some amazing art.
Imagine your favourite artist; the artist you wish you were; the artist who inspires you the most and always, always gives you the jealous-admiring feeling.
For me, that artist is Ilana Halperin.
Now imagine that someone is in your slightly-hobbly-shed-gallery (this is mine) and says this -
"You know who you remind me of - maybe you haven't heard of her - Ilana Halperin?"
They just made my day.
Here are a few of my favourite Halperin things -
-
Ilana Halperin
Physical Geology (Plate 3), 2009

-
-

Ilana Halperin
An Entangled Bank, Installation View, 2009

-
-
Ilana Halperin
Installation View at Projects Spaces, 2009

-
-sb

No comments:

Post a Comment