Personality (detail) Copyright Susannah Bolton 2011

Sunday

New Skirt

What did I do today? I made myself a skirt.
Remember the fabric I bought yesterday from Ursina?
Add a sewing machine - it's now a little more like this -
-
-
A pretty little A-line skirt - I also used some of the peacock feather fabric for a bit of a contrast at the waist band.
-

-
I also found a lovely big button to do up the waist but sadly no blue zips, so I've settled for a black one.
-

-
For the hems on the ends of the waistband and the bottom hem of the skirt, I persuaded the sewing machine to do this pretty stitch for a decorative hem - sadly I didn't have any blue thread for the bottom hem to match the waistband.
-

 

-
Now I'm wearing my new skirt!
(Tee shirt by Primark, Necklace by Mum, Bracelet by Whistles, Watch by Lorus)
Next project: A shift dress made from the peacock printed fabric (fingers crossed!)
(Note: skirt improvised from the A line skirt in this book)
-sb

No comments:

Post a Comment